WordPress Theme Layers 1.1.0
I am releasing the wordpress theme which is being used on this site. This work is licensed under GNU General Public License v3.
Liked my theme? Help me to stay awake & develop a few more themes by buying me a cup of coffee!
Layers is a theme with a very sensible use of tints and shades of orange and black colour. This theme validates XHTML 1.0 Transitional. This is a widget enabled theme. i.e. You can use wordpress widgets with Layers theme to extend its functionality. Layers also supports microformats, so it is looking towards the future.
The Layers theme by default is a liquid design but can be made fixed easily using the theme admin panel. It’s a very lightweight wordpress theme. The theme has been tested on most of the browsers, but if you find any problem then please let me know by a comment so that I can improve it in the subsequent versions.
How to use
If you know how to install a wordpress theme then it’s not an exception. Download this theme to your system by clicking on the download button above. Extract it and upload the extracted folder to your wordpress theme folder (wp-content/theme/) on your web server.
To activate Layers theme, select Layers in Design->Theme page of the wordpress admin panel.
For more information you can consult readme.txt iniside the downloaded archive.
Keep checking this page for updates related to Layers theme.
- Fixed the side line-height ( Now the line-height property is set to 170% )
- Some typography and font size related issues were solved
- Fixed some theme title issues
- Fixed an issue with 404 page
- Fixed smiley padding
- Fixed Gravatars margin and padding
- Fixed an issue with comment form – problem visible in opera 9.5
Thanks to Shishir Sharma for informing this bug
- Safari and Firefox Linux — Problem with navigation button at hover state
- the details class clears both the floating elements above it.
- Last version update should have only be done for left float, as it caused right sidebar disturbance too. Fixed this issue.
- In case of a large picture, overflow property of main content area set to hidden
- Some structural changes were done according to Search Engine Linkings. Will be doing more in later updates.
- Theme supports microformats now. So some new tags will be added 🙂
- Category pages missing closing tag problem fixed
- Special styling for wordpress sidebar calendar widget
- Author Comment Highlighting feature added
- Main content area width problem fixed
- Introduction of an admin panel with update notifier
- Alternate skin selection feature from control panel (options for now the default dark or the bright one)
- Optimizations for a photoblog